The following freeware software packages are used in the course and are available here to download for use at home:
See Course Home Page.
- The AP Classes (from the AP Computer Science AB web site)
- words.txt -- A list of over 69,000 English words -- from "a" to "zymurgy"
- Note that after the word "zymurgy" is the sentinel word "_end_"
- Deck of Card Graphics (a zip file of jpegs of graphics for card games)
- Digital Works Circuit Designer
Note: This is an installation program -- it will install DigitalWorks on your machine.
- SimpSim Machine Simulator (for Assembly Language and Machine Language Programming)
Note: This is the actual program (not an installation program). Just run it to use the simulator.